The Equality Act of 2010 places on the Inquiry a legal duty to make sure that website content is available to the widest possible audience, including those with disabilities who use assistive technologies.
The Inquiry has met this duty by designing and building its website to:
- meet the AA standard of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- display properly on the latest versions of widely used browsers
- display clearly on a variety of devices including phones and tablets
- provide text in plain English
- use valid hyper text markup language (HTML5) and cascading style sheets (CSS 3)
- support older browsers where appropriate
- work with assistive technologies such as screen readers
- provide documents in pdf format
If there is any information that you cannot access, or if you experience any other accessibility difficulties, you can contact the Inquiry.