Skip to main content

IICSA published its final Report in October 2022. This website was last updated in January 2023.

Support services

Support services

The Inquiry offered advice on services available to support victims and survivors of child sexual abuse. Whilst the Inquiry has closed, these organisations are still available to the public and their contact details are given below. 

Please note: these services are independent of the Inquiry. The Inquiry did not endorse individual organisations, but recognised that these organisations are widely recognised for offering support services.

National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) is a national charity offering support to adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect. NAPAC helpline: 0808 801 0331

Rape Crisis England and Wales is a national charity and the umbrella body for all Rape Crisis Centres. You can find your nearest Rape Crisis Centre and how to get help if you’ve experienced rape, child abuse and/or any other kind of sexual violence from the email address below. You can also find information on advocacy and Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) services, counselling and therapeutic services as well as helplines and emotional support.

National Rape and Sexual Abuse Helpline number 0808 802 9999 (lines are open 12 noon - 2.30pm and 7pm - 9.30pm every day of the year).

Mind is a national mental health charity providing advice and support to anyone with a mental health problem. Infoline: 0300 123 3393 (lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays).

SurvivorsUK provides support to adult males who have experienced any form of sexual violence. They provide a web chat and text chat support service and counselling from their London premises. Call 0203 598 3898 / Email:

Samaritans is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.  Call any time on: 116 123 Email:

The Survivors Trust is a national umbrella agency for specialist rape and sexual abuse support organisations for women, men, young people and children. Support line offering advice, information and support: 08088 010818

NHS Choices provides information about local health services, along with health and lifestyle advice.

Citizens Advice gives free, confidential information and advice to assist people with money, legal, consumer and other problems.

1 in 6 is an organisation that supports male victims and survivors.

ChildLine - Where children and young people can get help and advice about a wide range of issues, call on 0800 1111, talk to a counsellor online, send Childline an email or post on the message boards.

If you are in crisis

If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe and are having thoughts of self-harm or suicide which you think you may act on, please consider the below options:

  • Go to any hospital A&E department or ask for an emergency appointment with your GP
  • Call 999, ask for an ambulance if you can’t get to A&E or ask someone else to call for you
  • If you need some support but don’t want to go to A&E, then call Samaritans 24/7 (Freephone 116 123) or NHS 111 (England - dial 111) or NHS Direct (Wales - dial 111).

Reporting a concern

If you are concerned that someone may be at risk of harm please report this to your local police force or to the relevant local authority. This will ensure that appropriate action can be taken to protect anyone at risk.

  • If you think someone is at immediate risk, call 999.
  • If you think someone is at risk but it is not an emergency, call the police on 101 or contact social services via your local authority. For more information see
  • If you are worried about a child, the NSPCC can provide help and advice. Call the NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 or see
Back to top